Ziyad S. Al-Salloum, Ph.D.
- Biographical notes:
Received his B.Sc. (2003) degree in Computer Science from University of South Alabama in United States and his M.Sc. (2006) and Ph.D. (2012) degrees in cybersecurity from ISG, Royal Holloway, University of London
in United Kingdom. His research
and publications covers different areas of cybersecurity including, defensive computer
worms and authentication. Ziyad, who holds a British patent in cybersecurity, worked
in both academia and industry before founding ZSS, a technology shaper providing
novel solutions and consultations on a variety of topics to further protect cyberspace.
- Contact details:
Research Interests Viruses, Worms, and Botnets. Ziyad is also interested in authentication and other
- Ennio Morricone.
Royal Holloway, University of London.
Egham, Surrey TW20 0EX, United Kingdom
Doctor of Philosophy, Information Security, [2006-2011]
- Thesis Topic: Topology-Aware Vulnerability Mitigation Worms: Defensive Worms. [Abstract] [PDF]
Master of Science, Information Security, [2005-2006]
- Dissertation Topic: Beneficial Computer Worms.
- University of South Alabama.
Mobile, AL, United States
Bachelor of Science, Computer Science, [2000-2003]
- AL-SALLOUM, Z., AND WOLTHUSEN, S. Semi-Autonomous Link
Layer Vulnerability Discovery and Mitigation Dissemination. In
Fifth International Conference on IT Security Incident Management and IT
Forensics, (IMF'09). (Stuttgart, Germany, 2009). [Paper Link]
- AL-SALLOUM, Z., AND WOLTHUSEN, S. A Link-Layer-Based Self-
Replicating Vulnerability Discovery Agent. In Proceedings of the Fifteenth
IEEE Symposium on Computer and Communications (ISCC). (Riccione,
Italy, 2010), pp. 704-707. [Paper Link]
- AL-SALLOUM, Z., AND WOLTHUSEN, S. Agent-Based Host Enumeration
and Vulnerability Scanning Using Dynamic Topology Information.
In the 9th Conference of Information Security for South Africa (ISSA)
(Johannesburg, South Africa, Jan 2010). [Paper Link]
- AL-SALLOUM, Z., AND WOLTHUSEN, S. Security and Performance
Aspects of an Agent-Based Link-Layer Vulnerability Discovery Mechanism.
In ARES'10 International Conference on Availability, Reliability,
and Security -- SecSe (Krakow, Poland, 2010), pp. 549-554 [Paper Link]
- AL-SALLOUM, Z., AND WOLTHUSEN, S. Threat Analysis Model of
an Agent-Based Vulnerability Mitigation Mechanism Using Bayesian
Belief Networks. In the international Workshop on Network Science (NSW)
(New York, USA, 2011), IEEE Computer Society. [Paper Link]
- AL-SALLOUM, Z., AND WOLTHUSEN, S. A Propagation Model of A Vulnerability Mitigation Computer Worm -- Seawave. The Fifth International Conference on Network and System Security. (Milan, Italy, 2011), IEEE digital library. [Paper Link]
- Al-Salloum, Z. (2012) Defensive computer worms: an overview, Int. J. Security and Networks, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp.59-70. [Paper Link]
- Al-Salloum, Z.S. (2014) GeoGraphical Passwords, Int. J. Security and Networks,
Vol. 9, No. 1, pp.56-62. [Paper Link]
Curriculum Vitae PDF